Friday, January 16, 2009

Home sweet home ALMOST 1-16-09

Hi all,
Well I didn't make it home on Thurs.When dad was brought out to Hemet, I figured I wasn't needed any more.But I was mistaken.On Wed.I told mom I'd be going home on Thurs.She seemed disappointed.So when I was in the mohome that night I decided to see if she wanted me to stay a few days longer ,just for company.She said she'd like that.So here I am.I'm leaving for home on Mon.
My dad is doing GREAT. They,ve started his physical therapy,and he's very determined to get better.
Strokes are a devastating illness.They take a very active ,intelligent person and make them unable to do anything for themselves.
My dads stroke paralyzed his entire right side.His speech was very slurred,he couldn't use or move his right leg or arm.He had trouble with his bowels.Also ,because of not being able to swallow right he would choke on any food or water.Because of that he aspirated some food and got pneumonia.
Once they taught him to put his chin down when he eats or drinks,he's able to eat and drink without choking.
THIS IS ONE OF THE MANY THINGS HE HAS TO RELEARN.
I'm so proud of mom and dad,because they're both fighting to get him better.
He will be 90 years young on the 28th.of this month.
It's been very hard for all of us kids because we've never seen him down or sick before.He's always been the strong one.
But we're all doing as much as we can to help and let him know just how much we love him.
Well that's about all for now.
Take care.
Jan

No comments: