Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Honey,I'm Home! 1-19-09 - 1-23-09

Hi everyone,
I'm home!!
My dad is doing much better so I came home on Mon.Hershey and I had a good trip with little traffic and good weather.
Poor Hershey ate to much breakfast and got sick on the rubber mat under my feet in the mohome the first hour we were on the road.We stopped and I cleaned it up and just left the mat in the back of the mohome.She did real good after that.
She wants to ride down by my feet all the time.That's ok in the mohome but it doesn't work well in the car.In the mohome she winds up under the drivers seat clear out of the way.
I was alittle concerned about taking Hershey with me to my folks house because of Cocoa.
Cocoa is an only dog and so is Hershey.They both want to be boss and it was Cocoas house.Cocoa is a very sweet loving dog who is sure she is human.
Mom and dad got her about 6yrs.ago from the pound.They were told that she had been spayed before they got her.Just a few weeks later they were told by their vet. that she would be having pups in a couple of weeks.She had 6 pups.Me being me,I gave Cocoa the nickname of"Pound Slut"So now whenever I want to get a rise out of mom,I just call Cocoa "pound Slut" and my mom answers with"she was rapped"It works for us.
I really shouldn't have worried because after the first couple days they got along fine.In fact they played and chased each other all the time.
Cocoa taught Hershey how to use a doggie door.That's great because I plan on putting one in very soon.
It was good to get home and see all 4 of my cats.You see they only let me stay here cause I feed them and when I'm gone I make sure they have only the best sitters.In this case it was my daughter, Marion.She takes care of them better then I do.She takes great care of me too.When I got home she had dinner all made for me.It was so great.
I was really glad I was able to get home on Mon.evening because I wanted to watch the Inauguration on Tues.It was GREAT.I so enjoyed the entire ceremony.I watched all day and into the evening.
It made me very proud to be an American.
On Wed.I took the mohome into the mohome hospital.She is in desperate need of repair.Some of the stuff from the trip with the boys didn't get fixed before I left for moms,and then I had to add some more to the list.
My coach batteries went dead when I got home from moms.
The furnace didn't work while we were gone.
The mirror on the passenger side [the one that hit the tunnel sign in Yosemite]was trying to come off on the way home.
Exhaust manifolds [still left over from trip with boys]Mohome sounds like a logging truck when you accelerate and like I have a 'jake brake' when I slow down.It was so bad it scared Hershey, all the way home.
I had to buy food for my house cause there was nothing to eat here.I had none of my favorite stuff. but I do now!!
I was able to go to my exercise class on Thurs.morning.I do so enjoy that class.The women are great ,and they're fun too.They really are cool people.They care about each other and there are no strangers in the class.I miss them sooo much when I can't be there.
Well,it's about time to say good nite.
Take care
Jan

No comments: