Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 16 and 17


Hi everyone,

We've just finished our 5Th day since leaving Anderson. D and I went to Los Osos to pick B up at his house. We were able to spend 4 days with Stella, Mike and Danny before taking off on the rest of our adventure.

Yesterday we left Los Osos,Ca. at about 10 am. We took our time heading for Yosemite National Park. The boys both LOOOOVVVVEEEE!!! McDonald's food. So being the kind, loving grandmother I am, we stopped there for lunch around 1:30pm. As it turned out it was the only REAL food we had. We took one of my side trips. We were looking for Bass Lake. We thought we'd camp there over nite then head to Yosemite in the morning.

We found a resort, but no camping. We could see the lake water but could not find the camp grounds. WE EVEN STOPPED FOR DIRECTIONS. After about 2hrs. we gave up on Bass Lake.

We continued our search for Yosemite and a camp ground. As we entered the park, the rangers told us "no vacancies". Oh well, I decided to take the boys through the park and see about "OVER FLOW"parking.

BOY, was I ever glad I decided to go on through the park.

The time of day was prefect. The boys were looking out all the windows in the old Winnie at the same time. They were impressed with all the scenery. The trees, the rock formations, the deer and the tunnels. They're still talking about the tunnel sign the mirror clipped. I think the sign is a break away. Did no damage to mohome, just my pride.

Anyway, the boys were taking picts fast and furious. Half Dome was prefect. Shadows just rite. As we're traveling through the park, B sees a deer who sticks his tongue out at him. What a great place. They have the deer trained to stick their tongues out at kids. Continuing on we arrived at the opposite gate and we were told Over Flow was Full. By now I'm getting very tired. We try the two over flow sites and they're full. By chance I see a pull thru along the side of the road. I pull in and we have the prefect campsite, nice and level and off the road. I should mention that we've been in patchy snow for the last several hours. It's almost dark and I'm trying to wear B down so he can sleep after being in the mohome most of the day. He's telling me about the bear that might come visit us in the night. I'm saying "no the mohome is very safe". Who was trying to convince who?

We all finally went to sleep. Hoooray. I wake early, so in the morning I open the curtains to the most beautiful site. At least the boys were as impressed as I was. We were across the road from Mirror Lake with all the snow and shadows it was one beautiful site.

We were back on the road about 9am. We stopped in Lee Vinning and bought gas. 5$ a gal! I just ABOUT HAD A HEART ATTACH. $200 FOR 40 GALS. OH WELL PRICE MUCH BETTER IN Dayton NV. We had lunch and dinner with my step mom and my niece. Both boys met 2ND and 3rd cousins they'd never met.

We're staying in Dayton one more day so some mail can catch up with us. I'm going to try the pict.thing again.

Sorry I'm so long winded ,but a lot happened the last couple days.

Talk to you later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey cuz,
Awesome photo op...you guys look good too. Yosemite is such a beautiful place, too bad it's so crowded. Where to next?
XOXO, Barb