Friday, June 27, 2008

Organ Pipe National Monument 6/27/08




hi all,


Here we go again.We finally got to the Organ Pipe Cactus Park. It was as beautiful as I remembered.The Saguaro cactus were in bloom, they all looked like they had little hats or crowns on their heads.It was cool.It was sooo worth the trip and heat just to hear the boys. I think they were duly impressed.


We left the park and headed for Tucson via Casa Grande.I thought I'd try the Garmin again. I think that was my first mistake.We stopped at Why for gas and headed out. I had planned to take Indian Rd.#15 to I 10.This was my idea from the maps.But my Garmin had other ideas. It said to take Indian rd.#7. I decided to take #7 thinking it might be shorter.It was not shorter and the Border Patrol seems to frown on 3 people in a motorhome with Ca.plates being on the Indian Reservation.He followed us for about a mile before he turned on his lights.Some how I knew nothing good could come from my Garmin.Actually the officer was very nice ,very polite and really cute.Some stuff is just ALRIGHT!!


After he took Ds' and my drivers licenses back to his car to check them,he brought them back and was very helpful in getting us going the right direction. He even posed for a pict. with the boys.I haven't checked yet but D thinks B might have accidentally erased it.we'll see in a few min.


The rest of the trip to Casa Grande was pretty uneventful. Lots of pretty scenery and stuff.


i think that's about all for tonight.


Take care.




Jan


PS Our Border Patrol pict. is gone.Oh well shit happens. And he was sooo cute tooo

1 comment:

Imstell said...

My Time magazine said you were in what is currently the busiest illegal border crossing area in the states. I guess it wasn't personal.

Too bad you lost the picture. I was looking forward to cute Border Patrol Guy pictures.

Did you get lots of rain last night or did it miss you?