Monday, September 29, 2008

Anderson,Ca 9/29/08



Hi all,it's me again.

Well,last week was very busy .My pick up truck head lights decided not to work right.They stayed on when you shut them off.If they were in the low beam position they stayed on,if you put the hi beams on they shut off but still ran the battery down.Derek and I tryed to figure it out. the best we could come up with was to replace the switch collar.So I ordered the part.Then I found out I needed a steering wheel puller.The one I bought wouldn't work,of course.I found out later that I could rent the puller,so I did. It worked really easy,after I figured out I had to take off the nut in the middle of the steering wheel.So I learned something else.When I tryed to put the light collar on it,it wouldn't go.After much cussing and talking it over with Marion,we decided the problem was the hole for the steering wheel was to small.I took the collar back and ordered the right one.I hope it will be here on Tues.I'd like to use the pick up to take some stuff to the dump.

During all the pick up problems,my new pup[Hershey]was coughing really bad.I took her to the vet and found out she has "kennel cough".She caught it at Haven before I got her.The problem with kennel cough is it's very contagious to other dogs.Now I have 2 dogs with it.I'm giving both dogs meds 3 times a day.The pills aren't any trouble,but they want me to give them Robitussin DM2 or 3 times a day.Have you ever tasted that stuff?I can't get them too take it willingly.I'm using a syringe .I get some in them,most on me.This too will pass.

In the mean time Marion came over Fri. and helped me clean the rain gutters and I tightened the screws on my metal roof.It took most of the morning.After she went home I raked the leaves and acorns [from last year]into piles for Derek to pick up Sat.before he mowed the lawn.Marion and Derek both came over Sat.Derek did the lawn and Marion and I did a bunch of clean up all over the yard.We even cleaned one of my open sheds.Now I really have to go to the dump.The yard is starting to look much better.It's been several years since I've been able to do this stuff.It really does feel good to be able to do it.

That's about all for now.

Take care.

Jan

No comments: