Saturday, August 9, 2008

Cascade Locks,OR. 8/09/08

Ben checking his flies. Mt Hood
Danny trying to wake Derek




Danny



Hi all,it's me again.
We made it to Cascade Locks,OR. for our Prentice Family reunion.
I think we have around 20 members of our family here.my mom and 2 of my aunts are here.They are the last of their generation.My aunt Marge knows all the birthdays and all the people that my generation never new.My cousin Jess and my daughter Stella have done alot of work putting together family photos that we have all had laying around.Jess put together a slide show of all the old photos and used the side of the mohome for a screen. That way we could all see them and identify some that we didn't have names or relationships for.Stella had alot too. She had hers all on discs. so we were able to do hers too.
Now back to the trip.We were able to get here on Thurs.afternoon,after going across the bridge into Washington.We went across the bridge and down the river gorge road and back into Oregon.SO WE HAVE COMPLETED OUR TRIP.We made it to 13 states.Saw just about everything we set out to see.And I have returned the boys to their parents.I hope alittle more understanding of our country and the beauty it gives us.I hope they have learned more about me and the family they come from.I know I've learned alot about each boy.They're both very loving and basically very good boys.They're both willing to help and do what they can for other people and I love them both even more then I did before.And I didn't think that was possible.
That's about all for now.
I can't find my camera right now so I'll add picts later.
Take care.
Jan

No comments: