Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Alamosa,Col. 7/15/08











Hi everyone,here I am again.




We now know that B is afraid of grasshoppers in the mohome. D had to come to the resue.

We left Pagosa Springs yesterday about 9:30am.We made it over the highest mountain so far[Wolf Creek Pass.10850].Hooray for our little Winne.I had some problems with carburation ,going over some of the mountains getting to Pagosa Springs. I guess my poor old mohome has elevation sickness just like me. When we start out in morning we do fine. It's when we're tired and hot that our carburetors don't quite work.The good Lord keeps one hand on me and one on the mohome.

Anyway we're in Alamosa and on our way to Col.Springs, to take a train ride up to Pikes Peak.Over 14000ft.I can hardly wait. I love to see how far I can go before I get sick.

D got our bike tires fixed today. flats are a real pain when you want to ride your bike.Any way they both got to ride all over the camp ground.

We met some really nice people from Col. Springs. he makes the most beautiful and intricate old fashioned cars and earth movers. He designs them and builds them. He even makes the tread for his big equipment. All out of wood. His wife makes Afghans and gives them to friends. They are a real nice couple.

Well I think thats about all for now. I'll talk to you more tomorrow.

Take care .

Jan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,
I've been reading some of your blogs, elaine's been telling me the rest. Poor ole mohome, sounds like she is getting vapor lock when she gets hot. That cuts off the gas to the carb which would def. reduce power to the drive wheels. Next time you have a mechanic look at it, ask him to see what he can do with a shield on the gas line...if he thinks that might be the problem. YOu could test it yourself next time youi have a problem... locate the gas line, wrap it in some old wet rags... that'll cool the line so the gas goes back to liquid.
Anyways, be happy you aren't here in Shasta County, the smoke is just awful. Oh, too, President Bush will be flying in Thursday to "review the area"...then he's gone to a fund-raiser at Travis AFB.. ho hum.
Keep having fun..
Elaine's hubby, Lyle