Sunday, July 27, 2008

Red Lodge,Mt. 7/27/08











Hi again,it's me.
We're in Red Lodge,Mt.We left Broadus yesterday morning to get to Yellowstone before Bs' birthday.Well we didn't make it.But that's ok. I don't think he really cares that much.After Broadus we saw a sign for Custers battle field.So we went. What a sobering place.
This is the actual hills that Custer and his men were killed.Were many Indians were also killed.It was amazing to me how quite and respectful all the people were. There was no yelling from kids around the memorial.
It's one of those places you can feel the souls ,both Indian and White man.
We left the The Little Big Horn Memorial . I planned on the scenic route all the way,but the ranger said it has some pretty hi mountains and there's no Wal-mart between here and there.We had to have a Wal-mart,to get a cake and cards for Master B. It's his B-day you know. I now have an 18yr.old and an 8yr.old on this trip.
We went to Billings and found a Wal-Mart right away.We also were out of groceries.These 2 don't do well without food.
After Billings we started looking for a campground for the night. The Garmin sent us in a 10mile circle and right back to Wal-Mart and Dennys'.Anyway we get on the freeway and head west. We see a sign for a KOA in 69miles.Oh well,I'm not that tired.As we leave the freeway in 30mls.and see no signs for the KOA I tell D to find a campground on this road any were in front of us.There are none according to Garmin.Yellowstone here we come.At about 45mls.I see the good old Yellow TP of the KOA.I hit the left turn signal and the brakes at the same time.The poor guy behind me almost had a heart attack,I'm sure.Any way, we had been watching smoke over the ridge of the first mountain for awhile. It was already very large.I don't know this area at all so I had no idea were it was. I think it's between us and Yellowstone. I'll check before we leave this morning.
As always KOA'S are great. Lots for the boys to do. And mostly they're clean.
We had our second bon fire of the trip. We roasted melted marshmallows and had a good time.
It's about time for Mr. B-Day boy to wake up.
Take care.
Jan

1 comment:

Imstell said...

Happy Birthday, Benjamina Ballerina!!! I miss you!

I can't believe he's 8 years old.

What's all over your hands, mom?