Thursday, July 31, 2008

Meridian,ID. 7/31/08

Hi there all.
As you know we had an appointment this morning with Johns Auto Repair.After they had the mohome for about 2 1/2hrs. They called me and said it was going to cost me $3200.He said it needs a fuel pump,because it was only putting out 2 and it should be putting out 7-9.I said ok.Then he said it needed new plugs and rotor and points I think.I said ok.Then he said they would clean all the gunk that the cheap gas caused.I said yes.Then he told me that both of the exhaust manifolds were warped and needed to be replaced.So I said ok.Then he told me that they would try to have it done by tomorrow evening.If it couldn't be done by then ,it would be Mon.So the boys and I rented a car and motel room.We just got into the room and Shaun from Johns called to say they can't get the exhaust manifold.They aren't even made anymore.They're [John's]is afraid to take them off to get some numbers,because they're too rusty and they [Johns]wouldn't be able to get them back on.All of a sudden the exhaust manifolds aren't nearly so important.Now it's ok to drive home with it that way.He said they won't hurt anything just be a little noisy.
We'll see how that is in the morning.And because they're not doing the manifold it's only going to cost me $1500.
Oh gee I'm so happy.
Anyway we'll be leaving Meridian in the morning.
It is a very nice town. Everyone has been very helpful and very nice.
We won't be able to make it to Medicine Lake,but that's ok ,we'll be heading toward Bend ,Oregon so we can meet up with Bs mom dad and little brother on Sunday.As long as we can there.
Well that's all for now.
Take care.
Jan
No picts. today.

No comments: