Friday, July 4, 2008

Hannagan 7/2/08 and 7/3/08

OUR CAMP SITE



PAYBACKS




PRE GRAND CANYON
HUGEMINE Hi everyone,
We're back. We've been in the mountains of Az. I had no idea Az. had such beautiful landscapes.It was like being in the mountains above Redding ,only cooler.
We left Benson on Wed. morning and headed north on hiway191.Our destination was Springerville,Az.
The road to Springerville is sort of windy.Like most turns are 10 or 15miles per hr.And their not kidding.First off we went by a mine that was at least 10miles to get by. It had to be at least 1000ft. deep.This was the entire town. But a very nice town.
Next we continued along 191 and smelled smoke.We thought it was camp fires. Shortly after that we came to road work. Actually the work was caused by a fire that has been burning for more then 2 wks. We hadn't heard about it cause we don't have any tv ,so we don't get much news.That's really ok,we're not missing much.
We went on some more and finally found a camp ground in Hannagan.It was the first real campground we've been to. The boys were able to go for a real walk in the woods.We were able to have a real campfire and everything. I came in and got the marshmellows for smores.I got the mellows. They had ants. Many many ants.So no smores.We saw the most beautiful country from up there.We were at 8900ft. On Thurs.morning I wasn't feeling very well. sort of nauseated. We were getting ready to pull out for the day.I got sick to my stomach. I guess I can't stay in camp grounds over 8800ft.Passing thru is ok, I just can't stay there over nite.
We got on the road a few min. later and the lower in elevation we went the better I felt.[So much for morning sickness]We got to Springerville about 10am. filled with gas and headed to New Mexico to find Fireworks for the boys.Everyone told us we could get them on any corner.NOT SO MUCH.We went in to N.M. about 50miles. Not one fireworks stand.We headed back to Springerville and points so.w.Toward Mesa,Az.We got here around 4:30pm. and drove back and forth on the same 2 roads at least4 times.We got our campsite about 5:30pm.This is one of those snowbird prks.It's a small one.4000 sites.They have everything here.Pools,spas,therapy rms,tennis courts,shuffle board and a pool hall.The boys are in hog heaven and so am I.[my time]
Tonite the boys and I are going to the tennis courts to watch the fire works from 4 different venues. I like those kind of shows.[no crowds]
We'll be on the road again tomorrow morning. I need to find WALLY WORLD for food for these two and little ole me. We are just bout empty.
Take care and we'll talk again soon.
Picts. for today are from every bodies cameras.
Jan

No comments: