Monday, July 14, 2008

Pagosa Springs,Col. 7/13/08











Hi all, It's me again,




Well we made it to Pagosa Springs,Col. today.It was alittle slow at times.I new the mountains were high here ,but I thought the boys might have to get out and push.My poor mohome is having a real hard time adjusting to the elevation.Usually it just marches up these mountains at 35 or 45miles per hr.Not today.We were lucky to make it over at 20mph.
Everyone here says that's pretty normal for the area.I think I need to have a quick tuneup but I don't know any mechanics in town.I'm sure that Doug or Danny can give me a name.
We plan on being here at least until Wed.
Now on to better stuff. We went to Doug and Dars house as soon as we got to town.they are Bs aunt and uncle.D met their daughter Brit when then D was 3yrs. and Brit was 4yrs old.They haven't seen each other since.They really don't remember that much.b has been looking so fore ward to seeing all of them.He actually got to their house before his dad did. This fact is being rubbed in by Doug.
Doug and the boys are going rock climbing today,so I'll have more on that later.
My cousin Barb and her husband Danny also live in Pagosa Springs.It's a small world.Anyway Barb , Dar and I are going to do something today.Then I think We're going to Barbs for buffalo burgers.We'll see how B does with this.Maybe we'll bluff him through it and tell him how macho he'll be at school .It worked once, do you think we can do it again?
That's about it for now.
Talk to you later.
Take care.
Jan




5 comments:

Imstell said...

Great pics. Where's Brit?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,
This is Monday morning July 14. Have been following your trip, Seems like all of you are having a good time. We miss you at exercise. we are going to lunch Thursday in Cottonwood.Keep us posted as to where you are. Looking forward to hear all the exciting events in detail.
Elaine A

Anonymous said...

Jan,
This is Lyle, Elaine's "roommate"... I've been enjoying your travel reports, including the various mechanical/hangup problems you've encountered. This will be a trip for the boys to remember.
Hang in there Babe, you are really lucky to be outta the smoke from the fires' we've had here the past two weeks.
Lyle A

Jan said...

Hi you two great to hear from you.
You're coming through loud and clear.
Jan

Jan said...

Brit is hugging the tar out of B on the couch.
Mom