Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rapid City 7/22/08











Hi everyone,
First ,thank you all for the prayers for Ds' friend Chrissy.D received a call from Chrissys' mom this evening. It seems she regained conscienceness for a few min. said a couple words to her family and then she passed away around 6pm.
D is doing ok but it has brought several things home for him.don't get behind the wheel when you're upset or mad. the other thing is don't make fool choices when you're upset or mad.These are some of the hardest lessons to learn at any age.
Ok, on to some happier stuff.We left Kadoka,SD. this morning and headed for the Badlands and Mt. Rushmore.
Well, we made the Badlands ,they're beautiful.So many colors and shapes.Also it's so climbable. The boys spent more then 2hrs. climbing the hills and sliding into the gullies.Next time I'm making them take bread crumbs. At least I'll have something to eat while I'm waiting.All I could see was their heads every 15mins.or so.Oh well I did get them back eventually.
We left The Badlands National Park and headed for Rushmore.On the road from The Badlands ,we went over some rolling bumps.They're really cool in the mohome because it has air bags and the bags make the bumps soft and you tend to bounce way more then in a car.Any way after several sets of these bumps and me trying to slow down ,I heard a pop noise from the engine ,and all of a sudden the engine sounds changed.I asked the boys if they heard the noise and of course they did.I listened for awhile and decided something was wrong with the muffler or tail pipe.I drove to the nearest town and went to the first mechanic I could find. He said I was right and gave me directions to a muffler place. sure enough ,it had blown the seals on the drivers side and broken supports.
Mohome is all fixed again and we're trying for Rushmore tomorrow morning.[ I hope]
At least I didn't hit anything this time,to break the mohome.
That's all for now. Take care .
Jan

No comments: