Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yellowstone NP. 7/27/08




















Hi all, it's me again,
We have finally made it to Yellowstone National Park.
I have discovered something in our extended travels.2/3 of the beauty is in the getting there.Some of the most beautiful country we've seen has come before we ever arrive at our destination.Isn't that amazing how the Good Lord did that?
The drive from Red Lodge to Yellowstone was amazing.We went over the most spectacular mountain I think I've ever seen. We zig zagged up the side of Beartooth pass.It was so beautiful to look almost straight down over 10,000ft.As we went over the top of the pass there were snow fields all over the place.I stopped and let the boys play in the snow for a few mins.Also to admire the view from up there.On the way down the other side it was just as pretty and just as different as the other side was.
I LUV NATURE!!!
Once we got to the Northeast entrance I asked D to start looking for a camp ground.80miles later and The West Yellowstone exit ,we found a camp ground.
On our way through the park we saw 4 herds of buffalo,some fantastic waterfalls,3 rivers and 3 mountain passes.And a partridge in a pare tree.HA HA!!If I hadn't been so tired I could have enjoyed it much more.
After we got to the camp ground we had Bs Birthday cake.Man was that ever good.The boys were messing around ,so I took some more picts.
That's about all for now.
Take care .
Jan

No comments: