Saturday, July 26, 2008

Broadus,Mt. 7/25/08






It's me again,



We had no computer service in Boardus.So I couldn't yak with anyone.Any way we're further into Montana and I guess we have good service here.



We left Belle Fourche and headed for Yellowstone National Park.About 40miles down the road I saw the sign for The Devils Tower.When I asked the boys if they wanted to go they said sure,as always.We made the turn on hiway 112 south.About 40miles down that road we came to the turn off.It's only a couple miles on this road to the Tower.This Devils Tower is a volcanic core and stands almost 900ft. above the valley floor. it's really cool. Alot of climbers try their luck there.I guess they've had 3 fatalities while climbing and the last one was a couple years ago.[You wouldn't get me up there on a bet].Anyway we were there about an hr. and we headed back for hiway 212 to Yellowstone.I turned left headed back on hiway112 and started getting sleepy.I finally had to pull over to rest for awhile.When I woke up 1/2hr. later I got back on the road,only the road I was on was hiway 34 east.Oops,I think I might have missed my turn.Well I followed the road right back were we started from that morning,Belle Fourche.I already knew the way from there so I didn't even get lost this time.I was sure glad to get by hiway 112,cause then it was all new stuff.The first time we went through that part we saw lots of deer and antelope, the second time not so many.B was really bummed.



Well that's about all for this part.



Take care



Jan



No comments: