Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Monument Valley 7/6/08 &7/07/08















Hi, it's me again.





We left Gallup N.M.Sunday morning head for The 4 Corners.It was a great place to visit and do some shopping for Native American Stuff. They had it all.First we took pict.on the Corners.That took at least 2 min. Then we spent the next hr.or so looking at hand made bows and arrows,dream catchers, rings,horse hair pottery,ear rings ,necklaces and finally arrow heads.Everything hand made.
Next we started out for monument Valley,Utah.Hooray, we're out of Az.at least for one nite.Any way,It's starting to look like rain again. we're really helping the rainfall numbers for Az. it has rained 6 out of the last 7 days we've been there.I'm not complaining at all. At least it cools the temp. down a little.
Any way we're headed to Monument Valley and it starts to rain. I turn on the wipers and everything is fine. The rain gets a little harder and I turn the wipers up.All of a sudden the passenger side wiper comes apart.It's flopping all over the place.I pull over to the side of a busy 2 lane road and D gets out and fixes the wiper.[He's so handy that way]We're back on the road again.We go another mile or two and the rain is getting harder all the time.I had to turn the wipers on steady,in order to see.You guessed it . the wiper comes apart again and this time it gets stuck on the far side of the windshield.Because it's stuck my wiper won't move more then an inch.So I pull over and D gets the gray tape out of the drawer. He goes out and gray tapes the wiper.WaLa!!we're fixed.[Thank God for reruns of Mac Gyver]Any way we made it to Monument Valley. Just getting there was soo beautiful.You just can't believe how spectacular it is.
I can't even begin to tell you how beautiful this country is. We've seen more beauty in the last 4wks then I've seen in my life.I had no idea that Az. had mountains and trees like we have in northern Calif.The mountains are higher and the trees greener.They actually get rain in the summer.The contrasts are unbelievable. We spent 2 days at Monument Valley.The boys were able to hike and swim while I was doing laundry.Laundry done, I got to look around a little. The rock formations were unbelievable.The colors indescribile .The dirt really really RED.B came in and took his shoes off after hiking.He said"look Nan my socks are red.Hey so are my feet"I just finished the laundry!!
Oh well we'll do some more laundry in a few days.
We're in Sedona,Az.
I'll talk to you later. Have a great day and drive carefull.
Jan





No comments: